We just wanted to reach out to you to say we are here for you. These are certainly challenging times for all of us. Most importantly, take time to take care of yourself, your family and
Kid Friendly Find In Naples
Naples is known as an exquisite beach and golf destination but it is also a wonderful place for kids and grandkids. Here are our top 6 picks for activities for kids.
1. Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens: 1590 Goodlette Frank Road. Explore the wilds of Africa and Florida in one stop! Lots to see - monkeys, lions, tigers, bears, honey badgers, even foosas! www.napleszoo.com
2. Golisano Children's Museum of Naples (C'Mon) - 15080 Livingston Road. C'Mon has been a wonder to see thrive...we remember when it just an idea and we are were all fundraising and attending events for the building fund. C'Mon has become a regional destination with over 100,000 visitors a year and counting. With great learning and fun activities for kids of all ages, you will enjoy bringing them (and you might learn something yourself!)
3. Airboat RIdes in the Everglades - there are tons of guides in Collier County to who will take you out on a "Swamp Rat" and fill you in on the history of Everglades. www.florida-everglades.com
4. Sun N Fun Lagoon - 15000 Livingston Road. Just across the street from C'Mon is Fun N Sun Lagoon, located at North Collier Regional Park. A fantastic spot to enjoy spring and summer, Sun N Fun has 5 different water slides, wading pools, a lazy river or the "dolphin" dive to enjoy. www.napleswaterpark.com
5. Naples Botanical Gardens - 4820 Bayshore Drive. Featuring 170 acres and ten different gardens and ecosystems, a new entry facility and a cafe, the Naples Botanical Gardens has been a great addition to our cultural and kid friendly activities. With constantly rotating exhibits and new gardens being added all the time, it's a joy to behold. We visit the gardens several times a year - especially fun around the holidays!
6. Conservancy of Southwest Florida - 1450 Smith Preserve Way. With 21 acres, this nature center features an "exploration center" that shows off the diversity of flora and fauna in the Sunshine State. Go on interactive tours or check out the wildlife clinic, or go canoeing around the backwaters. www.conservancy.org
These are just a few great things for kids. There's tons of other activities - including soccer, flag football, baseball, basketball, lacrosse leagues and a plethora of on-going summer camps. We are constantly on the run with our kids and their activities here in Naples and there's no shortage things to do, especially outside "in the sunshine".
Rowan Samuel has lived many lives. Originally from Zimbabwe (Rhodesia), he and his family immigrated to the U.S. in 1980 to escape the brutal Mugabe regime - they lost everything when they came to Am....